[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/swimmingideas/SIP_012.mp3″ title=”Swimming Ideas Podcast 012: Using Mirrors” artist=”JSWIM” ]
Excellent for seeing body line and hand travel.
Use in Swim Lessons:
- Excellent for encouraging looking down
- Perfect for front glides
- Especially body straight
- Stack them up and go longer distances
- See front crawl arms
- Watch hand travel underwater
- Excellent to focus on Long reaches, full arm extension
Participants get immediate personalized feedback and can SEE what they’re doing.
- Keep eyes down to look at image
- Keep body straight
- Remember to kick
- Reach all the way up with hands
- Follow the hand’s path
- Heavy to lift off the bottom
- May need a person to get in the water to retrieve it
- Possible cuts or sharp edges
- These are rounded on the corners and have not had any issues, but might wear down into a sharp edge.
- Limited to short small areas of the pool unless you buy enough to cover more area.
- Might get distracted by reflections instead of focusing on task.