100 IM Kick
2 x 25 Position 11
Question of the Day: What type of a kick do you do on a streamline? Depends on the stroke; fly k on fly, no k on br, flutter for bk and fr.
Y = 25 BK K
N = 25 FLY K on Back
Split up into two groups:
Falling down for Backstroke
Move through progression:
- Hold wall with both hands, go underwater 3 x keeping a hold
- Hands and feet on the wall, go underwater 3 x keeping feet on the wall.
- Hands and feet on wall to start, 3 x fall under, lay back and put hands on top of head. Get back flat. (see picture)
3 x SL on BK
Begin underwater. Lay on back, hands on head, grow into streamline. Push off in straight line.
3 x SL on BK + 3 HLBw/R
Head Lead Balance with Rotation
Body in soldier position, kick with face up.
Rotate hips and shoulders from parallel to surface to perpendicular to surface. Rotate through both sides.
Have constant kick to keep body straight.
Get back together into one group
Fail Box Game
Fail box game. The focus was on streamline and ever more difficult activities after.
Everyone in the lane does #1. In this case, Streamline underwater.
Round 1 is a practice round, round 2 is the final test round.
Coaches give thumbs up for success (they did the skill correct) or a thumbs down, or fail, if the swimmer does ANYTHING incorrect.
If anyone fails their attempt the lane does the Fail Box activity 1.
If everyone succeeds, then lane does the Success Box 1.
Go down the line not repeating fails or success box items.
Builds upon a few expected systems in place:
- SL + [something], swimmers should understand this concept and be familiar with short distance training and feedback.
- Knowledge and awareness of what those [something] activities are. you have to teach them before you can play this game.
- Be able to read the board and know what the shorthand means.
Flop – a – Fish: lay on your back (floating) and partner slaps your hand. Flop over on your belly, partner slaps your back, you flop back on your back. Basically flop back and forth like a fish when tapped by your partner.
Spider game, and cannonball push can be found on the website: www.swimminglessonsideas.com
Jumps from the block
Two feet over the edge, curl toes over the side.
Bend your knees and stick your butt out.
Jump in and get in position 11 in the air.
Streamline and swim to the flags, get out and do it again.